Emma practices in the areas of property, finance, corporate, commercial and local government. Emma acts on behalf of owners of retail shopping complexes, owners of office buildings, finance providers, property owners and developers, real estate agents, commercial and professional organisations, local governments and other government bodies.
Emma’s experience includes:
- Negotiating, preparing, interpreting and advising on commercial and retail leases, including leases for a number of central business district buildings and various shopping centres, retail complexes, office buildings, industrial sites, and telecommunications infrastructure.
- Negotiating, preparing and advising on contracts for the sale or purchase of businesses, assets and equipment, land and large commercial properties (including central business district buildings and shopping centres), undertaking due diligence on such transactions and acting on the settlement.
- Advising on and preparing contracts for sale or purchase of land, land exchange, access agreements, easements, restrictive covenants, development deeds, land management contracts, and related documents and contracts generally.
- Advising on and preparing documents required for the compulsory acquisition of land.
- Negotiating, drafting, preparing and advising on general commercial contracts and all property and finance/security related documents.
- Providing legal advice in relation to securities for Rabobank in Western Australia, including PPS.
- Advising on various legislation including the Commercial Tenancy (Retail Shops) Agreements Act, the Land Administration Act, the Planning and Development Act, the Property Law Act, the Transfer of Land Act, the Residential Tenancies Act, the Sale of Land Act, the Strata Titles Act, the Duties Act, the Local Government Act; the A New Tax System (Goods and Services Tax) Act and the Personal Property Securities Act.
Emma is also the partner responsible for undertaking and/or supervising the property and commercial work for a major statutory corporation.
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Property Council of Australia