Tim is the head of the Commercial Dispute Resolution team and a member of the Employment Law team. Tim also provides advice and representation in commercial and contractual disputes, Australian Consumer Lawmatters and estate disputes.
Tim’s employment law experience includes:
- Advising on occupational health and safety issues, including advice on the obligations of a lessee of commercial property with asbestos-related risks.
- Acting for a statutory corporation with respect to jurisdictional issues arising from its status as a ‘trading corporation’ (which determines whether it is bound by the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) or the Industrial Relations Act 1979 (WA)).
- Advising a statutory corporation of its obligations with respect to an internal employee investigation in accordance with the Public Sector Management Act 1994 (WA).
- Providing advice and representation on numerous unfair dismissal and general protections applications in the Fair Work Commission, the Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission and the Federal Circuit Court. and
- Drafting and advising on employment contracts and internal policies.
His court representation includes:
- Personally conducting a number of District Court trials and appeals, Supreme Court appeals, hearings at the Fair Work Commission, Workcover and the Equal Opportunity Tribunal, numerous complex special appointments in civil matters and numerous appearances in chambers.
- Acting as instructing counsel on a number of District, Federal Circuit and Supreme Court trials. and
- Personally conducting and acting as instructing counsel on several recent applications to the Supreme Court for urgent interlocutory injunctions.
- Industrial Relations Society of Western Australia
- Industrial Foundation for Accident Prevention (IFAP)
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP)
- The Australian Institute of Company Directors
- The Law Society of Western Australia
- The Law Council of Australia