LLB (Hons), BSc, FIAM
Employment & Workplace Safety, Commercial Dispute Resolution, Corporate & Commercial, Australian Consumer Law
T: +61 8 9483 0121
Tim leads the firm’s Employment Law and Workplace Safety team. He is experienced in drafting employment contracts and policies, advising on enterprise bargaining agreements, and managing award disputes and investigations.
Tim regularly advises clients of all sizes and across all industries on OH&S matters including workplace risk, managing unfair dismissal and termination, managing ill and injured employees and personal liability for OSH breaches.
Tim also provides advice and representation in commercial and contractual disputes, Australian Consumer Law matters and estate disputes. He has represented clients in all the relevant courts and tribunals and is an experienced litigator.
Tim’s employment law experience includes:
- Advising on occupational health and safety issues, including advice on the obligations of a lessee of commercial property with asbestos-related risks.
- Acting for a statutory corporation with respect to jurisdictional issues arising from its status as a “trading corporation” (which determines whether it is bound by the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) or the Industrial Relations Act 1979 (WA)).
- Advising a substantial energy provider on employment matters including enterprise agreement disputes, drug testing policies and privacy issues relating to medical information.
- Providing advice and representation on numerous unfair dismissal and general protections applications in the Fair Work Commission, the Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission and the Federal Circuit Court.
- Drafting and advising on employment contracts and internal policies.
His court representation experience includes:
- Personally conducting a number of District Court trials and appeals, Supreme Court appeals, hearings at the Fair Work Commission, Industrial Magistrates Court, Workcover and the Equal Opportunity Tribunal, numerous complex special appointments in civil matters and numerous appearances in chambers.
- Acting as instructing counsel on a number of District, Federal Circuit and Supreme Court trials.
- Personally conducting and acting as instructing counsel on several recent applications to the Supreme Court for urgent interlocutory injunctions.
- Fellow Member of Australian Institute of Management
- Industrial Foundation for Accident Prevention (IFAP)
- Industrial Relations Society of Western Australia (IRSWA)
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Safety Institute of Australia (SIA)