LLB (Hons), BSc, FIAM
Employment & Workplace Safety, Commercial Dispute Resolution, Corporate & Commercial, Australian Consumer Law
T: +61 8 9483 0121
Tim leads the firm’s Employment Law and Workplace Safety team. He acts on the entire spectrum of employment law for clients of all sizes and across all industries, including drafting employment contracts, advising on employee entitlements, conducting workplace investigations, assisting employers with performance management or dismissal and acting on unfair dismissal, general protections and breach of contract claims.
Tim also acts on the full range of safety matters, including incident investigations, managing ill and injured employees, responding to improvement and prohibition notices, defending Worksafe prosecutions and advising on personal liability for OSH breaches.
Tim provides advice and representation in commercial and contractual disputes, compliance litigation, Australian Consumer Law matters and estate disputes.
Tim’s employment law experience includes:
- Advising on occupational health and safety issues, including advice on the obligations of a lessee of commercial property with asbestos-related risks.
- Acting for a statutory corporation with respect to jurisdictional issues arising from its status as a “trading corporation” (which determines whether it is bound by the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth) or the Industrial Relations Act 1979 (WA)).
- Advising a substantial energy provider on employment matters including enterprise agreement disputes, privacy issues relating to medical data and drug testing policies.
- Providing advice and representation on numerous unfair dismissal and general protections applications in the Fair Work Commission, the Western Australian Industrial Relations Commission and the Federal Circuit Court.
- Drafting and advising on employment contracts and internal policies.
His court representation experience includes:
- Personally conducting District Court trials and appeals, Supreme Court appeals, hearings at the Fair Work Commission, Industrial Magistrates Court, WorkCover and the Equal Opportunity Tribunal, numerous complex special appointments in civil matters and numerous appearances in chambers.
- Acting as instructing counsel on a number of District, Federal Circuit and Supreme Court trials.
- Personally conducting and acting as instructing counsel on several recent applications to the Supreme Court for urgent interlocutory injunctions.
- Fellow Member of Australian Institute of Management
- Industrial Foundation for Accident Prevention (IFAP)
- Industrial Relations Society of Western Australia (IRSWA)
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Safety Institute of Australia (SIA)