Vidal has been a senior partner at Kott Gunning since 1985. He served as managing partner between 1997 and 2005. His clients include insurers, brokers, overseas underwriters, TPAs, local authorities, local and international corporations and local businesses.
Vidal strongly supports a practice culture of fostering a closer engagement with clients at all levels within the organisation. Where time and location permit, he ensures that personal contact is not overlooked.
He and his team regularly present seminars and training sessions on a range of topics including general insurance claims issues and management, public liability and damages litigation, professional indemnity, the Civil Liability Act and associated legislation, and the Workers Compensation and Injury Management Act. He has written numerous articles and case commentaries on insurance and personal injury law and work place risk. Vidal has also participated in promotional and educational seminars in partnership with clients.
Vidal’s experience includes:
- General advice and the provision of legal opinion, running files personally and through experienced team members, taking a lead role in representation including court appearances.
- Working with clients in the management of individual claims.
- Advising on strategic claims management issues and training.
Vidal was recently recommended in the Doyle’s Guide for Leading Public Liability Defendant Lawyers 2015
- Australian Insurance Law Association
- Law Council of Australia
- Personal Injuries Committee of the Law Society of WA