Kott Gunning has been involved in a significant number of commercial, retail, industrial, residential and hotel developments and acquisitions in Western Australia. We have acted for property owners, developers, financial institutions, employers and government authorities on property projects.
Kott Gunning's Property Law services can be divided into two broad categories. Leasing and property development/sales & acquisitions/general conveyancing.
Our services in relation to property leasing include:
- Lease negotiation, preparation and advice on commercial, retail & residential leases;
- Liaison with town planning and council authorities;
- Dispute resolution (including mediation).
Kott Gunning is well experienced to offer leasing advice and are aware of the complex matters that need to be addressed in lease documentation and the respective obligations of the landlords and tenants. Our emphasis is on the speed, quality and commerciality of our service. We work closely with other sections of the firm and maintain close industry involvement through representations on industry associations and committees.
Property Development/Sales and Acquisitions/General Conveyancing
Our services in relation to such matters include:
- Dealing with property title (freehold and leasehold);
- Sales and acquisitions of land, buildings and businesses;
- Preparation of tender documents;
- Drafting development agreements and joint venture documents;
- Structuring property and mortgage trusts and companies;
- Liaising with government bodies to obtain relevant consents and approvals;
- Subdivisions and strata titles;
- Mortgages, loan agreements, guarantees and other securities transactions;
- Due diligence procedures for acquisitions of commercial buildings and retail shopping centres;
- Advice with respect to foreign investment requirements and FIRB applications; and
- Property settlements.