The Kott Gunning Construction Law Team comprises a group of dedicated professionals who specialise in providing legal advice and representation to the Construction Industry.
Over the past three decades, the Team has been involved in many of the largest and most complex construction law issues addressed in the State of Western Australia. The Team has strong working familiarity with the industry and takes a keen interest in industry developments and practices. The Team also has extensive experience and involvement in civil engineering and infrastructure projects and regularly advises and represents clients from the mining industry.
Kott Gunning's Building and Construction law services can be divided into two broad categories:
- Commercial Advice
- Dispute Management
Commercial advice is generally provided at the planning stage of projects and prior to commencement of construction. Our Construction Law team has the experience to provide advice on:
- Preferred project structure
- Negotiating contract documentation
- Drafting contract documentation
- Preparing special conditions for standard form building contracts
- Advising on tender negotiations and documentation
- Advising on security provisions such as bank guarantees
- Restructuring projects in the event of insolvency of one or more key participants