When family, children and assets matter
We’re your legal partners
Kott Gunning’s Family Law team understands the impact of separation and divorce on families, especially children. We help clients make informed decisions on sensitive issues – no matter the size or complexity. From divorce to property settlement to matters relating to children and child support, we’re focused on resolving issues quickly and cost-effectively. If possible, we aim to avoid protracted and expensive family court proceedings. However, where negotiation and mediation fail, we bring solid and up-to-date knowledge of Family Law, including divorce to any litigation. Strong support from other legal professionals at Kott Gunning allows us to provide the best possible expertise in all matters.
Kott Gunning has been successfully protecting clients’ rights and interests in all areas of Family Law since 1925.
Our tight-knit team is led by Loretta Carè, who joined the firm in 2011 and has more than 25 years’ experience in Family Law. A former Assistant Secretary and Treasurer of the Family Law Practitioners Association of Western Australia, Loretta is a parent and a highly regarded family lawyer. She has vast experience with complex and often difficult divorce matters, including those relating to property settlement, children, de facto relationships, child support and spousal/partner maintenance.
Sharing the case-load with other members of the team such as Alison Brooks, allows us to offer realistic, accurate advice that is cost-effective and timely. With support from in-house colleagues in other matters of law, we offer thorough, well considered advice to fit the particular circumstances of our clients who are coping with divorce– including overseas clients involved in Perth-based proceedings.
We can also call on barrister Henry Moser, a specialist Family Law Counsel of Stone Chambers, to assist as required.
We give advice and provide you with all options available to you.
Our family lawyers can assist with:
- Providing quality advice that represents your best interests.
- Speaking to parties or agencies on your behalf such as the Child Support Agency
- Advising on particular legal issues arising from negotiations.
- Representing your case and cost-effectively managing it for you.
- Assisting with the correct completion of legal documents.
- Recommending the best course of action for your circumstances.
- Representing you in family court or at another dispute resolution process.
- Providing appropriate advice on an agreement you are considering making.
- Assisting you to accurately formalise and word a child support agreement or application for consent order.
Please click here for a list of FAQs
What we do
- Marriage, separation and divorce
- Defacto and same sex relationships
- Property settlement and financial issues
- Spousal maintenance
- Arrangements for children
- Relocation of children
- Child residence and support agreements
- Contravention and enforcement applications
- Family Court injunctions and restraining orders
- Superannuation splitting
- Applications for exclusive occupation of properties
- Applications for consent orders
- Enforcement of orders
- Consent orders and agreements
- Court representation