Emma has worked as a solicitor in the areas of property, general commercial and finance law since 1995, and joined Kott Gunning in October 1999. Emma is a partner of Kott Gunning's commerical team, together with David Miller. Emma undertakes a wide range of commercial work acting on behalf of owners of retail shopping complexes, owners of office buildings, finance providers, property owners and developers, real estate agents, commercial and professional organisations, local governments and other governmental bodies. In this role, Emma is involved in all aspects of property, finance and commercial law transactions including:
- negotiating, preparing, interpreting and advising on commercial and retail leases, including leases for a number of central business district buildings and various shopping centres and retail complexes;
- negotiating and preparing contracts for the sale or purchase of businesses, land and large commercial properties (including central business district buildings and shopping centres), and acting on the settlement for such transactions;
- preparing and advising on security documents
- advising on legislation including the Commercial Tenancy (Retail Shops) Agreements Act, the Land Administration Act, the Property Law Act, the Transfer of Land Act, the Strata Titles Act, the Duties Act, the Residential Tenancies Act and the Local Government Act;
- advising on the contractual requirements for the sale and purchase of real property;
- negotiating, drafting, preparing and advising on the interpretation of general commercial contracts and all property and finance/security related documents.