Tim Lethbridge joined Kott Gunning in 2007, was made a Partner of the firm in 2010, and is currently the partner in charge of the Commercial Dispute Resolution section. Tim has completed a double degree in Law and Computer Science at the University of Western Australia in 2000, and was admitted to practice in Western Australia in 2001.
Tim Lethbridge has acted in a wide range of civil litigation areas, including industrial relations, workers compensation, Trade Practices Act disputes, personal injuries, probate matters, contract disputes, building and construction and debt recovery. He has also acted on criminal matters as defence counsel, and also as prosecutor for a local council. Tim’s recent experience includes: Trade practices:
- acted for both applicants and respondents in a number of significant Supreme Court, District Court and Federal Magistrates Court misleading and deceptive conduct matters arising from sales of businesses;
- successfully conducted complex strike-out applications relating to recent cases affecting a number of provisions of the Act
- personally conducted a number of District Court appeals, Supreme Court appeals, trials, hearings at Workcover and the Equal Opportunity Tribunal, numerous complex special appointments in civil matters and innumerable appearances in chambers;
- acted as instructing counsel on a number of District and Supreme Court trials;
- personally conducted and acted as instructing counsel on several recent applications to the Supreme Court for urgent interlocutory injunctions;
- prepared and conducted local government prosecutions relating to health and planning violations and Dog Act matters; and
- prepared for and conducted an application by a local government to demolish a privately owned abandoned commercial building.
Tim is a member of the Law Society of Western Australia.