The firm encourages the pursuit of excellence and regularly contributes towards prizes and awards to recognise individual achievements.
In 2019 Kott Gunning sponsored the Kott Gunning Emerging Business Excellence Award at the AIM WA Pinnacle Awards. The winner is a WA startup success story, Appbot is used by some of the largest brand names in the world for AI-powered sentiment analysis of app reviews and customer feedback. Partner Tom Darbyshire is pictured above together with the winners.
Kott Gunning also supported CIAWA’s Perth Caravan and Camping Show at which Cool Beans Campers were the winners of the Kott Gunning New Product award. Pictured above Greg Mohen and Daphne Schilizzi with the team at Cool Beans Campers.
The firm also supports the following Prizes and Awards at the following Western Australian Universities:
- Edith Cowan University – “The Kott Gunning Legal Innovation Law Prize”
- Murdoch University – “The Kott Gunning Property Law Prize”
- University of Western Australia – “The Kott Gunning Prize for Land Law” and “The Kott Gunning Prize for Employment Law”
- The University of Notre Dame – “The Kott Gunning Prize in Alternative Dispute Resolution”
- Curtin University – “The Kott Gunning Lawyers Prize in Real Property Law” and the “Kott Gunning Lawyers Prize in Trusts”
Other initiatives include:
- Zonta Club of Perth Northern Suburbs – “Young Women in Public Affairs Award”
- Royal Agricultural Society of WA – “Rural Leaders program – Kott Gunning Scholarship”
Slider Caption: Mike Baldwin, Special Counsel Employment and Workplace Safety, presents Jerome Perera the Kott Gunning Prize in Employment Law at the The UWA Law School Awards Ceremony on 23 May 2017 at Winthrop Hall, UWA.