Date: Wednesday, 7 October 2015
Time: 5.30pm to 7.30pm
Venue: Leadership Centre, Australian Institute of Management, 76 Birkdale St, Floreat
On average, 1 in 5 people in your workplace will experience mental illness this year…
Mental health remains one of the great “undiscussables” in the workplace. Everyone knows the prevalence of mental illness in the wider community but some employers and employees deny its presence in the workplace. Some of this comes from fear, some from ignorance and some from genuine concern that disclosing any degree of mental illness will be career limiting at best and career threatening at worst.
This vexing hypothetical will be explored by a Panel of experts, including:
- Brian Briscoe – Director, Briscoe Search & Consulting
- Tim Lethbridge – Partner, Kott Gunning Lawyers
- Andrew Chaplyn – Director of Mine Safety, WA Department of Mines and Petroleum
- Taryn Quartermaine – Manager WA, Aspen Corporate Health
- Neale Bodel – Manager Community Education and Engagement, Lifeline WA.
This event occurs during Mental Health Week and is a re-run of a similar event that attracted a large audience in 2014. Please join us for this important evening to begin working towards greater awareness and improved strategies for better managing mental health issues in the workplace.
For more information and to register for this event please click here