Date: Thursday, 2 August 2018
Time: 8.45am to 4:30pm
Venue: Parmelia Hilton, 14 Mill Street, Perth
Format: All day conference
CPD Points: Nurses and lawyers qualify for CPD points
Assisting operations and clinical managers deal with legal issues and risks at the coalface.
Who should attend?
The event is targeted at General Managers, directors of care, facility managers, residential care managers, operations managers, risk and compliance managers, quality managers, complaints investigators and lawyers.
9.55 Staff Ill or Injured Outside Work: Navigating Sick Leave, Performance Management, Medical Assessments and Dismissals
Managing ill and injured staff can expose managers to a range of legal obligations, including general protections, discrimination and unfair dismissal. This session examines key aspects and grey areas in dealing with staff absence, performance management, medical assessments and dismissals
- Reviewing your legal obligations and understanding the relationship between performance management, lack of capacity, recovery from injury and return to work
- Mandatory reporting and ill or injured staff – when do you have an obligation to report?
- When can you legally question a medical certificate?
- Independent medical assessments:
- understanding your rights to require independent medical assessments regarding and employee’s capacity
- dealing with contentious psychological diagnoses
- Exploring key considerations in performance management and dismissals
For more information and to register, please go to the LawSense event page