Date: Wednesday 6 March 2019
Time: 9.00am to 1.15pm
Venue: Parmelia Hilton, 14 Mill Street, Perth
Attend and earn 4 CPD points in Competency Area 4: Substantive Law
With so many rapidly developing changes, growing risks, and ever increasing challenges for employment lawyers, you really need to stay on top as a legal practitioner. Gain essential knowledge from our panel of experts as they delve into the most topical contemporary issues facing practitioners today, including social media in the workplace, drug and alcohol testing, sexual harassment and more.
9.00am to 9.50am Drug and Alcohol Testing in the Workplace
- Learn preventative measures to introduce a safe working culture
- The links to mental health issues, workplace bullying and sexual harassment
- The introduction to testing in the workplace
- How to roll out policies and procedures in a clear and comprehensive manner
- Case study: Harding v MMG (2018) FWC 594
9.50am to 10.40am Social Media, the Digital Age and the Employee
- How far can an employee go on their personal social media before it affects their employment?
- Can an employee express political opinion in a public forum?
10.40am to 11.25am The Weinstein Clause
The profoundly disturbing revelations of the behaviours of Harvey Weinstein and other entertainment, legal and political luminaries have pushed sexual harassment to the forefront of social discourse, spawning the growth of the #MeToo, #TimesUp and #Now Australia movements
- The ‘Weinstein Clause’: What is it?
- Where it is being utilised, eg business sale agreements
- Is it likely to come to Australia?
- If so, is it enforceable and what due diligence would be required?
Presented by Mike Baldwin, Special Counsel, Kott Gunning
11.25am to 11.40am Morning Tea
11.40am to 12.25pm Managing Ill and Injured Workers
- Managing ill and injured employees
- Performance management
- Termination process
- Seeking independent medical advice: framing the issues
- Implementing successful return to work processes
12.25pm to 1.15pm Strategies and Developments in Enterprise Bargaining and Industrial Disputation
- Is an enterprise agreement necessary or even desirable anymore?
- Terminating enterprise agreements: The way of the future?
- How to apply the better off overall test (BOOT)
- Developments in good faith bargaining
- New limits on industrial action
For more information and to register, visit the Legalwise event page.