Bachelor of Laws, Bachelor of Science (Mathematics & Statistics), Murdoch University 2010
Supreme Court of Western Australia (2012), High Court of Australia (2012)
Areas of Expertise:
Commercial Dispute Resolution
Ann acts for small and large corporate entities, liquidators, individuals (including on a pro-bono basis), not-for-profit organisations and local governments. She has a broad range of experience including:
- Property litigation (including leasing disputes and advice).
- Contested estates litigation (including claims under the Family Provision Act 1972 (WA)).
- General contractual disputes in the Magistrates, District and Supreme Courts of WA (including debt recovery).
- Civil enforcement.
- Statutory interpretation advice on a range of complex issues arising under or involving the:
- Local Government Act 1995;
- Conservation and Land Management Act 1984;
- Corporations Act 2001;
- Mining Act 1978;
- Commercial Tenancy (Retail Shops) Agreements Act 1985;
- Strata Titles Act 1985;
- Land Administration Act 1997;
- Planning and Development Act 2005 and the
- Transfer of Land Act 1983.
- 6 Tips to Make Life Easier For Your Executor
- Is a Guarantor Discharged From Liability When the Principal Contract is Varied?
- Contesting Wills – Insight from Power v Smart (2018) WASC 168
- Don’t Delay If You Think You Have a Claim Against a Deceased’s Estate
- Hold On Don’t Enforce the Judgment, I’ve Lodged an Appeal
Memberships and Affiliations:
- Law Society of Western Australia