Carolyn is a lawyer in Kott Gunning’s Insurance and Risk Practice Group. She was admitted to practice as a legal practitioner in 2015 but commenced working in the area of insurance law in 2009 as a law clerk. Prior to that, she has worked in a various other roles in the legal industry since 1996.
Carolyn has a number of years of experience in various aspects of personal injury/insurance law including motor vehicle accident claims, public liability, medical negligence and criminal injuries compensation. She has also developed an interest in workers’ compensation.
Carolyn is experienced in:
- Advising on liability and quantum, including potential legal issues that may arise, from both the plaintiff and defendant perspective;
- Preparing submissions for the Assessor of Criminal Injuries Compensation;
- Preparing schedules of damages and conducting settlement negotiations both informally and as part of the civil claim procedure in the District Court of Western Australia;
- Appearing in the District Court of Western Australia and Supreme Court of Western Australia; and
- Briefing counsel, preparing for, and instructing counsel at trials in the District Court of Western Australia
- Law Society of Western Australia
- The Australian Insurance Law Association