Claire joined the firm as a graduate in March 2011 and was promoted to Associate in Property, Finance, Commercial, Wills, Estate and Trust services in June 2015.
Examples of Claire’s Property and Finance experience include:
- Drafting, providing advice on and acting for clients in relation to the negotiation of retail and commercial leases.
- Providing opinions and advice in relation to general property related matters, including property acquisitions and disposals, easements, restrictive covenants and caveats.
- Acting in relation to a variety of commercial matters, including matters concerning acquisitions and sales, shareholder agreements and general commercial contracts.
- Acting in relation to lending matters, including the preparation of loan agreements and providing advice on security arrangements and the Personal Property Securities Act 2009.
Examples of her private client Wills, Estates and Trust experience includes:
- Drafting and providing advice in relation to all aspects of estate planning (including wills, enduring powers of attorney, enduring powers of guardianship and advance health directives). Claire has relationships with a number of financial advisory firms and provides services to clients of these firms’ as part of a larger Lifetime Estate Support offering.
- Acting on behalf of a range of clients (including individuals and trustee companies) in relation to deceased estates, including applications to the Supreme Court of Western Australia for grants and general estate administration matters.
- Acting on behalf of clients (both applicants and defendants) in relation to Family Provision Act proceedings.
- Acting in relation to trust matters, including the review, amendment and preparation of trust deeds for discretionary trusts and unit trusts.
- Advising in relation to duty implications of the Duties Act 2008, particularly in relation to deceased estate and trust matters.
- Reviewing and preparing documentation in relation to self-managed superannuation fund (SMSF) borrowing arrangements and the establishment of custodian trustees in such situations.
- Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) WA (Committee Member)
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Australian Institute of Management in Western Australia
- Property Council of Australia
- STEP Australia (Newsletter Sub-Committee)