Conor joined Kott Gunning in 2016 and practices primarily in commercial dispute resolution. He has acted for a wide range of corporate and individual clients and has appeared as Counsel in all State Courts and the Federal Court. Conor’s focus is on providing frank, common sense advice with a view to achieving a commercial outcome for his clients.
Conor’s specific areas of practice include:
- Corporate & personal insolvency;
- General contractual disputes;
- Disputes arising under the Corporations Act 2001 (including shareholder oppression, director’s duties and court-ordered winding up matters);
- Contested estates litigation (including matters under the Family Provision Act 1972);
- Lending & finance disputes (including mortgage enforcement litigation);
- Debt recovery; and
- Employment & IR disputes.
Conor also utilises his significant Court experience, appearing regularly in the various Western Australian Magistrates Courts to conduct prosecutions under the Water Services Regulations 2013 and the Metropolitan Water Supply Sewerage and Drainage By-laws 1981. He also assists our Local Government team in preparing and conducting various planning and regulatory prosecutions.
- Inactive Cases in the Magistrates Court of WA – A Frenzy of Inactivity
- Royal Commission into Aged Care Quality and Safety – The Commission Seeks Information
- Aged Care Quality Standards – The Basics
- Vendor Warranties in Business Sales – Don’t Make Promises You Can’t Keep
- The Stormy Journey into the Safe Harbour: Recent Reforms in Australian Insolvency Law
- Law Society of Western Australia