Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (College of Law) (2015)
Jack joined the commercial dispute resolution team in 2019. He has acted for a variety of clients including liquidators, state government authorities, local governments, SME, high net worth individuals, ASX listed entities, insurers, and property developers.
He has experience in conducting complex litigation in superior courts from first instance through to appeal.
Jack has a particular interest in advocacy and has appeared as counsel in contested matters in the Supreme Court of WA, District Court of WA, Federal Court of Australia, Federal Circuit Court of Australia, Family Court of WA, and the State Administrative Tribunal.
Jack has extensive experience as instructing solicitor (for both queen’s/senior and junior counsel) at trial, on appeal, and contested interlocutory applications, including before the High Court of Australia.
Select cases in which Jack been involved as instructing solicitor include:
- Sandini Pty Ltd atf Karratha Rigging Unit Trust & Ors v Ellison; v Commissioner of Taxation of the Commonwealth of Australia & Ors  HCATrans 190.
- Ellison v Sandini Pty Ltd & Ors  FCAFC 44.
- Grewal & Anor v The Owners of 16 Milligan Street Perth Strata Plan 43607 & Ors  WASAT 56.
- Sandini Pty Ltd v Commissioner of Taxation & Ors  FCA 287.
- Tey v Her Honour Magistrate K Langdon & Anor  WASC 274.
Jack is the current Convenor of the Law Society of WA Young Lawyers Committee having been a sitting committee member since February 2017. He also is a member of the Law Society of WA Brief Editorial Committee, a publication to which he also regularly contributes.
Jack also volunteers his time to participate in the night legal service at Sussex Street Community Law Service as a volunteer solicitor.
- Law Society of WA
- Convenor of Young Lawyers Committee of Law Society of WA
- Member of Law Society of WA’s Brief Editorial Committee