Graduate Diploma of Legal Practice (College of Law) (2015)
Jack joined the commercial dispute resolution team in 2019. He has acted for a variety of clients including liquidators, state government authorities, local governments, SME, high net worth individuals, ASX listed entities, insurers, and property developers.
He has experience in conducting complex litigation in the Federal Court from first instance through to appeal.
Jack has a particular interest in advocacy and has appeared as counsel in contested matters in the general division of the Supreme Court of WA, District Court of WA, Federal Circuit Court of Australia, Family Court of WA, Children’s Court of WA, Magistrates Court of WA, and the State Administrative Tribunal.
Jack has extensive experience as instructing solicitor (for both queen’s/senior and junior counsel) at trial and contested interlocutory applications in the District Court of WA, Supreme Court of WA, Family Court of WA, Federal Court of Australia, Federal Circuit Court of Australia and in appellate matters before the Full Court of the Federal Court of Australia and the High Court of Australia.
Select cases in which Jack been involved as instructing solicitor include:
- Sandini Pty Ltd atf Karratha Rigging Unit Trust & Ors v Ellison; v Commissioner of Taxation of the Commonwealth of Australia & Ors  HCATrans 190.
- Ellison v Sandini Pty Ltd & Ors  FCAFC 44.
- Grewal & Anor v The Owners of 16 Milligan Street Perth Strata Plan 43607 & Ors  WASAT 56.
- Sandini Pty Ltd v Commissioner of Taxation & Ors  FCA 287.
- Tey v Her Honour Magistrate K Langdon & Anor  WASC 274.
Jack is a member of the Law Society of WA and has been a sitting Committee Member of the Law Society of Western Australia’s Young Lawyers Committee since February 2017. Jack is also currently the Deputy Convenor of that committee responsible for communications, education and careers. He regularly contributes case notes to the Law Society’s publication “Brief”. He also volunteers his time to participate in the night legal service at Sussex Street Community law Service as a volunteer solicitor.
- Law Society of WA
- Deputy Convenor of Young Lawyers Committee of Law Society of WA