Loretta commenced work at Kott Gunning in February 2011 and was appointed Partner in July 2013. She practices exclusively in Family Law. She is a highly regarded family lawyer with over 20 years private practice experience providing advice and representation to clients in relation to Family Law and De Facto matters in Western Australia. Her experience spans all aspects of Family Law including high profile complex financial matters, often difficult and sensitive children’s matters, De Facto Relationships, Child Support issues and Spousal Maintenance.
While she fully supports and advocates negotiation and mediation, she also recognises that on some occasions litigation is necessary to achieve the best results for her clients. She has extensive experience in both negotiated settlements and Family Court litigation with respect to property settlements and children’s matters including acting for grandparents, representing clients in recovery and relocation applications and matters involving allegations of abuse.
Loretta’s areas of experience include:
- Issues relating to children.
- Issues relating to property settlement, whether married or de facto.
- Applications for divorce.
- Spousal and adult child maintenance.
- Child support issues.
- We’ve Separated, How Long Do We Have to Sort it all Out? Time Limits in Family Court Matters
- What is it All Worth? Determining Values in Family Law Proceedings
- What Does the Family Court Take Into Account When Determining Property Entitlements?
- What You Need to Know About Children and Separation – Who Decides?
- Disclosure Obligation and Consequences of Non-Disclosure
- The Law Society of Western Australia
- The Family Law Practitioners Association of Western Australia (Assistant Secretary and Treasurer 1999-2001)
- The Family Law Section of the Law Council of Australia