Bachelor of Jurisprudence (1975), UWA
Supreme Court of Western Australia (1977)
Vidal has been a partner at Kott Gunning since 1985 and served as managing partner between 1997 and 2005.
Since establishing the firm’s insurance practice in 1989, Vidal has either been the partner in charge of or a partner in the firm’s damages litigation, insurance and/or safety & employment teams. Currently, Vidal practices in the area of employers’ indemnity and workers’ compensation, casualty/liability insurance, and work, health and safety (WHS).
His clients include insurers, brokers, overseas underwriters, TPAs, local authorities, public and private companies and local businesses. Vidal is also a longstanding member of teh Personal Injuries Committee and Chair of the Professional Standards Committee of the Law Society of WA and is regularly acknowledged in the annual Doyle’s Guide.
In addition to a substantial practice in claims, litigation and advisory work, Vidal undertakes client and in-house training and frequently presents on topical issues within his practice area.
- Legislative Changes (COVID-19) – Effective 12 October 2020 – Worker’s Compensation and Injury Management Amendment (COVID-19 Response) Act 2020
- Workers’ Compensation & Injury Management Amendment (Covid-19 Response) Bill 2020
- The Surprising Cost of a Piercing Noise – The Appeal
- How far does a party have to go in discovering all forms of electronic communications in court proceedings? (Juwi v DeGrussa)
- Case Summary – The Cerebral Palsy Association of WA v Papalia
- Law Society of Western Australia
- Australian Insurance Law Association of Australia
- Law Council of Australia