The passing of a loved one, whether it be a relative or close friend, often presents challenges and difficulties that need to be met with understanding and empathy, along with a knowledge and understanding of Executors, Administrators, Trustees, Beneficiaries and potential Beneficiaries’ legal rights.
For many years Kott Gunning has provided both pre-death and post-death Estate, Wills and Succession planning services to its valued clients with Claire Hawke-Gundill being recognised in Doyles Guide as a Recommended lawyer in Wills & Estates Litigation and Wills, Estates and Succession Planning.
With the recent addition of Special Council, Peter Mariotto in May 2021, Kott Gunning has broadened its service offering in contested Wills, Estates and Trust matters.
Services that Kott Gunning offer include:
- advice and representation in Family Provisions Act legal proceedings;
- advice and representation in contested Probate or Administration proceedings, including the proving of a Will, invalidity of Wills and informal Wills;
- advice about Executors and Administrators obligations and representation in proceedings for or against Executors or Administrators;
- advice and representation in deceased Estate accounts and inquiries, relating to an Executor or Administrator’s obligation to account, the passing of accounts and a beneficiaries right to participate in the passing of accounts;
- advice and representation in actions under the Trustees Act;
- advice to beneficiaries about their rights as a beneficiary of a deceased Estate or their rights if no provision is made for them in a Will or in an Administration (subject to their relationship with the deceased);
- advice about and challenging or defending the distribution of a deceased’s superannuation; and
- advice about and the lodgment of Probate Caveats.
If you require any assistance or further information, please feel free to contact us.
Partner – Claire Hawke-Gundill
Special Counsel – Peter Mariotto