Kott Gunning’s managing partner, Tom Darbyshire, will chair ADVOC’s 3rd International Business Law conference on 14 – 15 September in Bali.
ADVOC is an international network of independent law firms, harnessing international expertise in jurisdictions across the globe. Member firms have a proven record of immediate response to the needs of clients of other members and each member is committed to ensuring that all clients are more than satisfied with the service provided. Many of the lawyers are ranked in the Legal 500, Chambers and other directories as experts and are all highly regarded in their fields.
This year’s ADVOC International Business Law conference features an outstanding speaker faculty and is not to be missed. Full attendance will entitle a WA legal practitioner to a maximum of 6 CPD points.
Four sessions on different topics of international business law include:
- Strategic Partnerships with Corporate Counsel: Creating Win-Win Outcomes
- Judicial Intervention in Arbitrations and Setting Aside Awards
- Cross Border Finance Transactions: Taking Security in Different Jurisdictions
- The Future Shape of Law Firms: Increasing Business Related Offerings to the Client Base
Attendees will hear from:
- Keynote Speaker – Dato’ Mohamad Ariff Yusof, Retired Court of Appeal Judge, Malaysia & Founder of Cheang & Ariff
- Opening Address by Dato’ Jude P. Benny, Senior Partner, Joseph Tan Jude Benny LLP, Singapore
- Greg Skehan, Senior Partner, Colin Biggers & Paisley, Australia
- Ruth Newfield, Deputy General Counsel, Westfield, Australia
- James Thomas, Deputy National Claims Manager, Liberty Insurance, Australia
- Dunstan de Souza, Managing Partner, Colin Biggers & Paisley, Sydney
- Rocco Russo, Partner, Cooper Grace Ward, Australia
- Dr Harald Endemann, Partner, Endemann.Schmidt, Germany
- Clare Brewer, Partner, Ashfords LLP, UK
- Nick Gleeson, CEO, BW LPG Ltd
- Sathish Dasan, Partner, Norman Waterhouse, Adelaide, Australia
- Garry Mackay, Partner, Commercial Team, divisional head of Commercial Services and joint CEO, Ashfords, UK
For more information please visit the event website